2008年1月23日水曜日

CLASS 11

Do you agree with the writer? Why? Give at least 3 examples to support your answer.

I agree with some of ideas of the article but I disagree with some of them.

First, Ibuki Bunmei said "Teaching English may be necessary in the global community, but as a Japanese, one must first be able to speak proper Japanese". I think that's right. But when I come to take interest in another cultures, at the same time, my interest to Japanese and our own culture deepened more than before. That the study about another culture(like language) is leading to study our own culture, I guess.

Next, the writer said that leaning English is difficult in Japanese conformist society and Japanese student don't know that on the road to fluency, it's no shame, no gain. At this point, I want to think the reason why Japanese student can't speak English.
In my opinion, many student don't try to make efforts to master English. It because they don't have to speak English in their everyday's life and if they try to speak English, there is rarely opportunity. So if they study it, they can't use it in their life. And also it's difficult to master the other language. So student will be think it's not worth using their time and feeling shame in front of everyone in their English class.

I think the problem is Japanese location. Japan is island country and it closed from another countries in several meanings.
Masahiko Fujiwara's opinion is interesting and I think Japanese original culture is great, but I guess it makes Japanese have a provincial point of view and a lot of Japanese didn't even realize that they have a small view.

I think it's time to broaden our horizons. Because I feel it will help to avoid misunderstandings and to conceive prejudices. I want to believe if we try to understand each other, war or racial discrimination or any kind of misunderstanding between countries will be decrease.
And I'm sure that studying English will give us an good opportunity to see another world and know and learn about another cultures. That's why we have to learn English.

0 件のコメント: